• White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White YouTube Icon

© Powys War Memorials 2016

Powys War Memorials Project

 

2014-19: A Mark of Respect

Powys County Council secured funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund, Cadw (the Welsh Government's historic environment service) and the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority for the Powys War Memorials Project 2014-19: A Mark of Respect. 

The project commemorates the centenary of World War 1. 

Some of the aims of the project are to: 

1. Find, record and map all the war memorials in Powys. 

Please follow this link through Living Legacies 1914-18 Engagement Centre to find the Powys war memorials – Welsh Memorial and Honour Rolls of WW1’: 

2. Provide funding (up to £5,000 per memorial) for World War 1 memorials in Powys to be repaired, restored or maintained. The funding can cover up to 90% of the total cost of the work. The remaining 10% of the total cost needs to come from match-funding. 

3. Provide funding of up to £200 per memorial to improve war memorial settings or surroundings, e.g. repairs to railings, fences or gates.

4. Facilitate or organising free training for communities in Powys, e.g. about how to research names on war memorials. 

 

5. Work with communities in Powys to develop World War 1 walks and trails. 

 

6. Organise and facilitate World War 1 events and activities, such as film screenings or musical performances. 

7. Support other World War 1 programmes, projects and initiatives. 

Every effort has been made to make sure that the information on this website is accurate and up-to-date. Please contact the Powys War Memorials Project Officer if you think any information needs to be updated or if you would like to add any other information to the website pages.