• White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White YouTube Icon

© Powys War Memorials 2016

Funding for maintenance, repairs and restoration to war memorials 

One outcome of the Powys War Memorials Project is to provide funding for a rolling programme of maintenance, repairs and restoration to World War 1 memorials in Powys. This is to ensure their longevity for future generations. 

The project can provide a maximum of £5000 to each war memorial for maintenance, repairs or restoration. This is up to a maximum of 90% of the total cost of the approved works. The remaining 10% of the total cost needs to come from match-funding. 

The project can also provide a maximum of £200 per war memorial to improve or enhance the setting or landscape of war memorials, e.g. railings surrounding a war memorial may need to be painted. 

The first stage in the application process is to register your interest by contacting the Powys War Memorials Project Officer at warmemorials@powys.gov.uk.